ASSA ABLOY Access and Egress Hardware Group, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively and individually, "ASSA ABLOY"). ASSA ABLOY is committed to protecting your personal information. In connection with your use of this ASSA ABLOY service. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to describe how we collect and process the personal information that we receive in connection with your use of the Yale Accentra™ Multi-Family Management System (website), Yale Accentra™ Configuration App & Yale Accentra™ Access App, which will be referred to as "service" in this Notice.
We will collect and process the personal information you provide through our service.
What personal information will ASSA ABLOY process, and why?
A. ASSA ABLOY will process the personal information set out in this section to provide the service:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Your device status/information/OS version (only app users)
- Activity information
B. ASSA ABLOY will process personal information to achieve our business purpose in managing, developing, and updating our products and services; in accordance with the following description.
- To provide the services you agreed upon.
- The Information you requested
- To set up and manage your account, for example, by sending you password reminders or notifications of changes to your account details
- To protect the security of our website
- To carry out statistical analysis about the use of our products and services, including the type of device or browsing you are using.
- To better understand how our products and services used and to make improvements
- To better understand your interests and preferences. To provide you with an experience that is tailored to those interests and preferences
- Verify status as an authorized licensed user of systems.
- To operate the YALE ACCENTRA as intended, including storage
- To comply with laws and regulations that apply to the country or countries where we operate or use the required services.
- The Information we process and collect will come from your use of the application required to use the "service."
We will use your personal information always with a lawful basis when:
- It is necessary for the "Performance of a Contract" (e.g., the end-user agreement between you and us, fulfill an Order Form and/or Statement of Work agreement).
- You provide "Consent" to the use of it (e.g., subscribed your email for system communications or marketing purposes).
- We use or share with service providers your personal information when it is necessary to perform the required business purposes; such as:
- To personalize the Services for purposes of you signing in and using the Services and your Products.
- To carry out statistical analysis about the use of the Services and Products for purposes of making improvements
- To store and operate the system
- We are "Legally Obligated" (e.g., to fulfill legal and statutory requirements).
At any time and without cause, you are free to request to revoke your consent to ASSA ABLOY's processing of your personal information. However, please note that if you revoke your consent to ASSA ABLOY's processing of your personal information, it means that ASSA ABLOY cannot process your information, nor can you use the “service”. Please request removal through our communication methods described at the end of this Notice.
Transfer of personal information
We may transfer your personal information to the following categories of recipients to the extent necessary to complete the processes stipulated above or if legally required:
- Other legal entities within the ASSA ABLOY group for compliance and support
- Our service providers, such as legal counsel or IT hosting providers relevant to the "service."
- Government authorities if required, such as tax or compliance requirements
These third parties may only use your personal information according to our instructions or as required by law.
We exercise care to facilitate the transfer of personal information between your computer or device and our computers or servers (or third party servers that operate and store personal information for the "service"). We have the mechanisms in place to safeguard your personal information after we receive it.
We have our servers and offices in the European Union and the United States; your personal information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in one of these locations during one of our processes. We take many steps to protect your privacy.
When you use the "service," you understand and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your personal information to our facilities in the European Union, the United States and, the third parties with whom we share it as described in this Notice.
For how long will ASSA ABLOY store your personal information?
ASSA ABLOY stores the personal information as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose of personal information collected unless we may or are obligated by law to store personal information for a longer time. ASSA ABLOY will delete your personal information when we are no longer required by law to retain it or when it is no longer necessary for the purposes of providing the "service."
Right to know personal information
The right to know if the organization has any personal information about you.
Right to access
The right to access your personal information that the organization holds about you.
Right to Accuracy
The right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the personal information that the organization holds about you and have it amended as appropriate.
Right know the uses
The right to know the uses of personal information about you.
Right to know third parties
The right to know the third parties, which your personal information has been disclosed to.
The "service" is Not for or directed to Children nor anyone under 18 years old; we do not intend to and will not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the stated age. Suppose we learn that we have collected personal information from an under the age of 18. In that case, we will remove that personal information immediately and delete it from our servers (if not required or resulted by applicable law and this Privacy Notice). If you believe content from an under 18 years has been posted in our "service," please notify us by contacting us at Privacy.Americas@assaabloy.com
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory, or operational requirements. We will take appropriate and feasible steps to notify users of any such changes (including when they will take effect). The latest version of our Privacy Notice is available through the application required to use the "service."
Your continued use of the "service" after any such updates take effect will constitute acceptance of those changes. If you do not accept any updates to this privacy notice, you should stop using this digital "service."
We will make good faith efforts to resolve any requests to correct inaccurate personal information except where (1) the request is unreasonable, (2) requires disproportionate technical effort or expense, (3) jeopardizes the privacy of others or would be impractical. We will comply with the specific time required in the applicable law to address your concerns, free of charge if possible for the business and the allow number of times, under relevant law guidance.
Contact Information and Questions
ASSA ABLOY Sales and Marketing Group, Inc. is responsible for the processing of your personal information, and requests to exercise your rights as stated above shall be addressed to "Attn.: ASSA ABLOY AMERICAS Data Protection Manager" at ASSA ABLOY AMERICAS 110 Sargent DR. New Haven, CT. 06511 or Privacy.Americas@assaabloy.com
Toll – free number 1-833-648-0107